I recently returned from a 9 day road trip with my dad. We drove out west to see Yellowstone National Park since neither one of us had ever been there.
During that time, we drove over 3,200 miles through 8 states, listened to 2 audiobooks, and laughed countless times.
Here are 7 key lessons that I took away from it.
1. Travel with someone who allows you to be yourself.
2. Don't wait until you're older or retired to travel. Do it while you are young.
3. Time with family is irreplaceable. Enjoy each moment.
4. There is beauty everywhere. Go out and discover it.
5. Be grateful for all you have and the gifts you receive.
6. There’s no place like home.
7. I would do it again with him in a heartbeat.